How many hours of sleep do you need? You might probably grow up being told that 8 hours a night was best. But, the fact is we are all different, and the best amount of sleep usually lies between 7 to 9 hours. So how to improve your sleeping habits? Read on to know!
A Step-By-Step Way To Improve Your Sleeping HabitsDid you know, poor sleeping habits can lead to multiple health problems including diabetes, impaired immune function, heart disease, depression, obesity, etc.? In the NY Times article, author Tara Parker-Pope stated that people who sleep at least seven hours a night are more likely to live longer and healthier when compared to those who don’t get enough sleep. But, how do we get a night of restful sleep? Here are a few tips recommended by the National Sleep Foundation.
Create a Sleep Schedule Or A Sleep Tracker
Do not Take Small Naps
Have A Nigh time Routine That Can Relax You
Workout Every Day
Make Your Bedroom A Respite
Invest In A Cozy Bed
What Is A Sleep Tracker And Why Should I Track Sleep In My Bullet Journal?The sleep tracker is where you track your sleep patterns and habits in order to know more about your sleep and how well you slept. Depending on what elements you choose to track, a sleep tracker can also help in making changes and improvements where necessary to improve your overall sleep quality. Sleep trackers are everywhere. A lot of fitness trackers have started to offer some form of sleep data alongside food logs, heart rate and activity levels. The main and the most important reason behind tracking your sleep is that sleep is vital for your health. Sleep plays a huge role in almost every aspect of our health and well-being. Scientists proved that better sleep habits help in lowering heart risks, improving better athletic performance, and many other benefits. The following are some more benefits of having a good nights sleep –
- Good night’s sleep helps in decreasing your chance of getting into motor vehicle accidents from fatigue.
- It helps in lowering your likelihood of obesity. Because sleep deprivation can increase your appetite.
- It also reduces the risk of heart problems and diabetes.
- Proper sleeping habits can improve your memory, reaction time, and concentration. It can even help in boosting your creativity and moods.
- It helps in enhancing your immune system, regulation of appetite, and weight control.
Recommended Supplies For Creating a Bullet Journal Sleep Tracker
- Fine Point Pens
- Micron Fine Line Set Pens
- Tombow Fudenosuke Soft And Hard Tip Brush Pen
- Tombow Brush Pens
- Washi Tape
- Crayola Super Tips
What To Include In Your Sleep Tracker?While creating a sleep tracker of your own, do keep in mind a few basic things that are very beneficial while tracking your sleep. Be sure to include the following to create the best sleep tracker ever.
- Total Sleep Time – Keep the most basic and simple count on the number of hours you have slept.
- Sleep Quality – Note whether you feel rested and energetic or you feel tired and drained after sleep every morning.
- Sleep Time Frame – Make a sleep time frame. Are you a night owl who can work best with 12 am to 8 am or do you sleep best between 10 pm to 6 pm?
- Things That Can Affect Your Sleep – There are a lot of things that can affect your sleep including stress, a sick child or a noisy party next door. It is always a great idea to note those things down so that you can avoid them next time.